Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Back in the saddle again

Flew in beautiful downtown Newark, N.J. yesterday and boy were my arms tired...

Actually, was on a flight from Orlando to Newark and the flight was jammed. I was in a window seat in the back of the bus. In front of me, a 5-year-old girl and her dad sat right in front of me and put his seat all the way back. Next to me was a woman from Greece that elbowed me for the whole flight. Behind me was a 4-year-old boy who kicked my seat the entire flight.

Yes ladies and gentlemen, one airline can make a difference - good ol' Continental.

We did get in 30 minutes early, which would have been great if you didn't have to wait an hour for our bags. What a joke.

Finally, I made my way through the Lincoln Tunnel to Manhattan. Funny, haven't been here in a while, but my juices get flowing when I get back here. I think I can do it for a week at a time, but I cannot imagine living here again. It's not a knock against my home part of the country, I have just seen the other side of the fence and I like it a lot more.

The guy driving me to the hotel was from Pakistan and he was screaming and cursing and flipping people off left, right and center. Made me laugh.

Staying at the Roger Smith Hotel - not a bad joint. Cheapest room I could find - $290 a night. Just nuts.

Weather is in the 50s and is nice out. Here till Thursday. I am sure I will have some things to spout off about while I am here.

Check back....

No comments: