Monday, August 06, 2007

The line of the day....

As a New York Football Giants lifelong fan, all of you know how I dislike Tom Coughlin with an immense passion.

I want them to go 2-14 and get the top pick and get a new coach, specifically Bill Cowher.

That being said, what has gone on with Michael Strahan is just insane. Here's a great quote from him this weekend.

"What's been most disappointing has been all of this nonsense that I'm holding out for more money. The truth is that football has been very good to me and I have been fortunate enough to be surrounded by advisers who have ensured my family and I will live comfortably for the rest of my life. You deserve to know what's really going on. My agent [Tony Agnone] met with the Giants earlier in the year and discussed many things, including my contract. Money is not the reason that I have not reported to training camp and it will not be a factor for my return. This has already been communicated to the Giants, and while the reports may indicate a 'hard line' taken by the team regarding money, it is not necessary as this issue has been decided well before July."

Here's my question ... if it ain't about money, then why does he keep saying that? He could have told them ages ago about his thoughts of retirement, but he didn't until the day before training camp. If it were decided WELL before July ... why are they taking this stance with a Hall of Famer at the end of his career?

To me - it's all hogwash. It's a joke. Michael - it is about the money - just say it! And when you do, say it while walking away. You have been falling apart for the last three years and while you are a legendary player in our history, the way you have handled all of this is your fault.

Hey Mr. Mara - great job. Stay strong and don't give in.

No comments: