Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Guys, tell Hallmark to kiss your ..

Many, many years ago, when I was a writer at the Lansing State Journal I wrote a point/counterpoint piece ripping Valentine's Day. I was the curmudgeon just ripping Hallmark for telling me I had to be nice to my girl on this specific day.

My problem then, and still, is that if you need a card company to tell you this once a year, then your relationship is screwed. You should be doing things for your significant other on a regular basis.

Perfect example - why buy flowers today? They are twice as much today as any other day. So if you do it on the other days when they don't expect and you aren't in the doghouse, the gesture means a heck of a lot more.

Anyway, bah humbug Hallmark! Just move on to St. Patrick's day and get over it.

OK - Anna Nicole still dead and still headlines on Fox and CNN websites. UGH! What's the over under until it's all over? Three months? A year?

Wanna send a Valentine's Day email - check this out from my mom http://www.careerbuilder.com/monk-e-mail/default.aspx?sc_cmp2=JS_MONK-E-MAIL

Classic. Happy VD to all!

No comments: