Friday, June 01, 2007

Of all the gin joints in all the world....

Why do I have to be in Orlando today?? I mean seriously.... I have to be here on the day that the Orlando Magic hire Billy Donovan. It's front page news on the Orlando Sentinel.

And while friends of mine who are Gators and will remain nameless, send out emails of how it will be "OK" - I sit back and laugh at them. It's going to be interesting to see who they hire next - do you stay in the Donovan family of coaches or go outside. You never want to be the coach to follow the great coach - you want to be the one to follow the man who followed the great coach.

I can't get away from these damn Gators ... even on a business trip, geez.

OK - back to the more important subject - Stanley Cup Finals! Tomorrow night 8 p.m. on NBC - prime time ... YEAH! Even better - Don Cherry will be on the NBC broadcast. For those that are used to watching him on CBC I am sure he will be more tame on American television ... I hope not, but I am sure he will be.

Back to game 2 for a moment - every broadcaster has said the same thing about it, they have never seen a more dominant performance in a 1-0 win and they are soooooo right.

Ottawa's Bryan Murray is going to have to do something with his lines to get some kind of sustained offense going. But I don't think he has the team to pull this one off. Anaheim is just to big, too strong and with the best goalie. I think Ottawa will get an early lead and then hang on to survive a 3-2 win.

I will say this, if the Heatley, Alfredsson, Spezza line doesn't get a goal they could very easily go down 3-0. I think they break out a little and keep the series alive for another day or so...

Still say Ducks in 5 - won't give it up.

1 comment:

Gil said...

Classic! We're everywhere Baby!

Whoever we hire there will be no Ron Zook repeat.