Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Tuesday sing-a-long

C'mon - you know you want to sing it with me...

Andy MacDonald scored two goals ... E I E I O!!!!

Can't you just hear Chris Berman doing the highlights and singing that???

Which by the way, you want to know what the NHL sucks??? NHL diehards like me are DYING to watch post game coverage and we get ZIP, NADA, NOTHING!!! I know I am nuts, but I am not the only one wanting to wind down after a great game with some anaylsis and interviews. Mr. Bettman - please for the love of God, step down after this year. Owners - don't let Bill Daly take over - just be the same old same old...

OK - not to say that I know my hockey, but I have this thing pegged dead on. The Ducks are 7-0 in closeout games of a series at home. Plus Chris Pronger is back in the lineup and don't you think he wants a little redemption. I am sure he was thanking J.S. Giguere last night something fierce after the game he played.

The game was over after the first period when Ottawa couldn't muster more than a goal and they got that with 0.3 seconds left on the clock. Anaheim stepped up and just played their game - kept it simple and physical and took advantage of their opportunities.

On the game winner, it was a nice play by the Ducks, but the Sens got caught with three men in the offensive zone - two trying to make a hit and missing the puck. As if that weren't bad enough Wade Redden made a horrible read and turned to the boards and got beat by Teemu Selanne, which set-up the odd man break for the Ducks and the Dustin Penner goal.

The only issue I had with the game is that there was no penalty called on Daniel Alfredsson on his bush-league shot at Scott Neidermayer at the end of the second period. If you saw the overhead NBC had, there was NO way to dispute he changed his shooting angle in his back swing. The league better look at it and think about suspending him for the next game - there is NO PLACE in the NHL for that kind of behavior and needs to be dealt with quickly. Just a farce if he, or anyone who would do this, gets away with it.

For the first time in NHL history, the Cup will be skated in the Pacific time zone and more importantly in California. And this time Giguere can win the Conn Smythe on the winning side of the ledger.

Let me close with my song of the day ...

Anaheim will skate the Cup on Wednesday night ... E I E I O.... (my dear friend Anaheim Asst. GM) Dave McNab will be drinking from it all night ... E I E I O.

No comments: