Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Color me Hokie and Hockey

OK - don't have your eyes checked, I changed some colors on my blog ... for those that don't know, I flipped to the closest color of Hokies red I can find in honor of the fallen.

My partner-in-crime from USA Today days - John Nunnally is a Hokie and he just emailed me from Sweden to tell me that, "he can't believe that Va. Tech is going to be mentioned forever in the same breath with Columbine and the Texas Bell Tower."

He's absolutely right is what is sad. The irony is that 3/4 of the people in the Atlanta office have most likely never heard of the Texas Bell Tower incident on August 1, 1966.

On to a totally different subject - one of my favorites, hockey!

For those who haven't seen a minute of the San Jose - Nashville series, I implore, beseech and beg of you to watch Game 4 on Versus (channel 608 on Direct TV) on Wednesday night.

It has been one of the most intense first round series I can ever remember watching. And I have watched a lot of hockey. Not only that - great goaltending - great hitting and just two teams that honestly don't like each other. It's on at 10 p.m. ET - make sure to take a nap and watch this classic battle.

Not feeling good about the Thrashers chances in the big city tonight ... hope Kari Lehtonen pulls one out of his behind ... problem is even if he does, if Marian Hossa and Slava Kozlov don't score, it won't matter.

Still feel like Sabres - Ducks will be the final ... the league will sell it as a good thing because of the L.A. market. Hey Gary - do you know the difference between L.A. and Anaheim?? Just wondering...

I would love to see an Buffalo - Nashville series - two markets that they league can't spin in a positive way no matter what they say!!

No comments: