Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Luxury and Fun in San Francisco

Good morning from Fisherman's Wharf. Looks like a beautiful day outside.

Some of you out there travel for business and know how much fun it isn't. So please indulge me while I share with the crowd who thinks it is soooooo cool to travel.

If you read my post yesterday about Delta and the flight out, let me add to it.

A man of Indian or Pakistan culture is going to sit next to me. The plane is packed and he stinks. He can't find a place for luggage and is going back and forth as the plane is about to leave the gate. He finally sits down and I think we are good, but he gets up and walks away and says he will be back.

OK, no issues ... But he doesn't come back. And the plane is jammed. Where could this guy go? My mind is now racing - not so much for racial profiling as much as how strange he was acting.

So I tell the flight attendant and she looks at me strangely. The man behind me chimed in and he agreed with me that he acted strange. Checked and couldn't find him. So the guy behind me gets up and looks and finds him sleeping in the only open aisle seat on the plane. Whew.

I was a little freaked out by it. Never had that happen to me before and I didn't like having to be that way, but I will be damned if I don't look twice to everyone on the plane. That's just me.

We had meetings until 9 pm ET and then go to dinner. By the time I check into the hotel it is midnight PT. Get to the Marriott Fisherman's Wharf and it's OK - not great. Crash - get up at 6 am PDT. Go to take a shower and the shower head is at the height of my midsection at its highest point.

Not that it's a pretty picture, but you had to see me try and wash my hair. I was not happy and the room is $341 per night with tax. What a freakin' joke. For that price Marriott, you may want to update the hotel - looks like 1985 all over again.

Off to meetings and then back to the airport.

Anyway swap seats with me today???

No comments: