Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Tough week

This was a tough weekend for me. Two people I knew passed away.

One was Eric Dinerman. He was a friend from Atlanta. His daughter Sophie and my daughter Abbie are friends. Eric passed away at the age of 38 and I will miss him. Nowhere near as much as Sophie will.

His mother spoke beautifully at the funeral and the rabbi addressed Sophie in an incredible manner. I was blown away by all of it.

On Sunday, Max McNab passed away at the age of 83. The hockey world lost a very good man, but we lost a good friend.


Most of you met Max through my posting of spending time with the Stanley Cup with his son David.


It was great to see he and June six weeks ago as David celebrated with Lord Stanley. Max had won the Cup with the Detroit Red Wings in 1950. I know that David was elated to celebrate with his family and especially his parents, but I know it meant a ton to him that he got to have his name on the Cup, just like his dad did.


David, I know he's smiling today knowing that he got to see you climb the mountain. Below are images from the day I know that I will never, ever forget.

The one irony in the two passings - 38 - 83 ... I am not into numerology ... but it is weird, no?


Farewell boys - see you on the other side.